Ever faced an option where you had to choose between a single handle faucet and a double handle faucet but you didn’t know which one to go for? There are numerous faucet options out there which offer you different features and functions and make it difficult for you to make a doubt-free choice. We understand that choosing between these options can become a little overwhelming for you and so, we have reviewed both the single handle faucets and the two handle faucets to help you in your decision.
Here are the pros and cons of both types of faucets:
Single Handle Faucet
- A single handle faucet only requires a single sink hole for its installation.
- It offers you better control with only one handle and allows you to use your other hand for performing other tasks.
- They are quite stylish and can greatly enhance your kitchen’s beauty after installation.
- They don’t provide as good a control as that of a two handle faucet.
- They can be a little sloppy when first turned on.
- It requires practice to achieve the desired flow and water temperature.
- If they leak, you would need to shut off both the valves and need to replace or fix your faucet before you can use it again.
Two Handle Faucet
- It allows you more controls than a single handle faucet.
- You can adjust the water temperature easily.
- It provides a better control of the water flow and the adjustment of hot water and cold water.
- If one handle leaks, you can shut off the valve for that and still use the other handle.
- Less chances of accidental scalding as both the handles are clearly marked.
- A little complicated to install as they require 3 sink holes.
- A two handle faucet increases the chance of a water leak.
Which one is better?
There is no better choice really, it all depends on your usage needs and preferences. So, if you like to have proper control of your water flow and its temperature, then the two handle faucet will suit your purpose but if you are looking for a faucet which would conveniently control both the water flow and the temperature with a single flick, then single handle faucet is the one for you.
There are other factors to consider too while making this choice. As a single handle faucet will be rendered useless in case of a leak, a two handle kitchen faucet is a more popular choice for people who cannot spend time without using their kitchen faucet. Another important thing to consider would be the sink design. If you have many sink holes to install your kitchen faucet, then you can go ahead and get yourself a two handle faucet but if you have only one sink hole, then you might need to consider a single handle kitchen faucet. Know more about kitchen faucets at kitchenguyd.
Ultimately, it depends on your preference and your needs which help in deciding which kitchen faucet would be the right choice for you.